general notifications setup question.

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Fri Apr 11 17:50:55 CEST 2003

Thanks for the info...

I'm still a little confused though..

What command should I use (if any) if I wanted check_ups to go critical
as soon as the ups was on battery power?

As for the notifications.. I should have something like this...

contact = ups_alert with options w,c,u,r
contactgroup = UPS
make ups_alert a member of UPS
set notify by pager for contact ups_alert.

Hostgroup = UPS_01 with contact_group set to UPS
Host= MIS01 (the pc that is connected to all the ups')
MIS01 is a member of UPS

Wouldn't this send a page to ups_alert for every warning that occured on
MIS01?

MIS01 is also a meber of Hostgroup "CK_servers"

is this ok?

Thanks,

Jeff