general notifications setup question.

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Apr 11 18:00:38 CEST 2003

Inline

On 11 Apr 2003, Jeff McKeon wrote:

> Thanks for the info...
>
> I'm still a little confused though..
>
> What command should I use (if any) if I wanted check_ups to go critical
> as soon as the ups was on battery power?

You can't at the moment. Only WARNING if "On Battery".

You can use "-v BATTPCT -w 40 -c 20" to WARN if battery percent remaining
fell below 40% and CRIT if percent remaining fell below 20%

Assuming you know your load and runtimes, and BATTPCT is retrievable, you
can adjust the warning and critical levels.

> As for the notifications.. I should have something like this...
>
> contact = ups_alert with options w,c,u,r
> contactgroup = UPS
> make ups_alert a member of UPS
> set notify by pager for contact ups_alert.

use UPS as contact group for the check_ups services only - not the host or
other services on the host.

For the other services/hosts maitain the existing contact definition that
doesn't send out pages on warning.

--

-sg