ocsp_command not being executed

Joel Michael joel at diggy.com.au
Wed Sep 25 08:00:16 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a distributed monitoring setup (to
update our current NetSaint 0.6 setup) and am having problems getting
the ocsp_command to run on the distributed server.

I can't think what it might be, or where to look next.  I know that the
ocsp_command is defined, that the script it calls works fine (I can run
it with no problems, when run manually the results appear in the status
CGIs OK).  It just seems as though the script is never being called.  I
have added a line in the script that appends to a logfile with whatever
it is being called with, but the log file does not grow (except when
running manually).

I'm running 1.0b5, the distributed server is running on Linux (and
otherwise appears to be working perfectly, checking services and logging
them to syslog).

I've checked the most obvious things, but everything appears to be OK.
In my config file I have:

obsess_over_services=1
ocsp_command=submit_check_result
define command {
	command_name	submit_check_result
	command_line	/usr/local/nagios/libexec/submit_check_result $HOSTNAME$ '$SERVICEDESC$' $SERVICESTATE$ '$OUTPUT$'
}

If anyone has any clues where to start looking, I'd be very
appreciative.

Thanks for your help.
--
Joel Michael			|  Phone:	+61 7 3367 3555
Systems Administrator		|  Fax:		+61 7 3367 3544
http://www.worldhosting.org/	|  Email:	joel at diggy.com.au