Notifying by service ins't working?

Timo Koskela timo.koskela at datavahti.fi
Wed Sep 25 09:46:56 CEST 2002

Hi all!

I'm a bit confused why I can't get working that service notifying. The only reason why I need it are in couple of cases which are in distributed services and I'm going to disable host notification in those hosts, but I need to be notified in services then, of course. My service check look likes this:

define service{
 host_name                      VMG-ts
 service_description            ping
 check_command              check-host-alive
 max_check_attempts         10
 normal_check_interval         5
 retry_check_interval             5
 check_period                      24x7
 notification_interval             30
 notification_period                 24x7
 active_checks_enabled         0
 passive_checks_enabled     1
 check_freshness                  1
 freshness_threshold             1200
 check_command                  service-is-stale
 notification_options                 w,u,r
 contact_groups                  guard-admin
 }

and contact group look like this:

define contactgroup{
     contactgroup_name      guard-admin
     alias                            Own
     members                   timo,xxx
 }

And contact look like this:

define contact{
 contact_name                               timo
 alias                                                Timo Koskela
 service_notification_period             24x7
 host_notification_period                 24x7
 service_notification_options             u,c,r
 host_notification_options                 d,u,r
 service_notification_commands         notify-by-email,call.timo
 host_notification_commands             host-notify-by-email,call.timo
 email                                             timo at ...
 }

There's something I'm missing but I really can't figure it out! I hope someone can help me in this!!

Timo K