Blocked router in host list

Bas Rijniersce bas at brijn.nu
Tue Sep 17 18:05:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

>It will always stay undetermined until a service check is completed. I'm
>confused why you would want to add a device to Nagios that you can't

Yup, you might be right. But I wanted to stay as close as possible to the
traceroutes with the host mapping. If isn't draw in the picture it's a
little harder to follow if this router really dies (and all the hosts behind
it go down).

What is strange, in a traceroute it is turning up as a host. Is there
somesort of check that could use this behaviour??

Thanx,
Bas