Blocked router in host list

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Sep 17 17:00:13 CEST 2002

It will always stay undetermined until a service check is completed. I'm
confused why you would want to add a device to Nagios that you can't
actually verify it's status in some fashion. It would have no bearing on
host or service dependencies or any other aspect of Nagios I can think
of. If, however, you feel strongly about it, I would suggest that you
define a placeholder service using check_dummy to always return an OK
state.

I.e.

# 'always-OK' command definition
define command{
        command_name    always-ok
        command_line    $USER1$/check_dummy 0
        }

# Service definition  -- Your specific service definitions may vary
define service{
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       0
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    none
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            3
        notification_interval           10080
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
	  host_name                       my-always-ok-router
        service_description             ALWAYS-OK
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  mycontactgroup
        check_command                   always-ok
        }

--
Marc