mysql & redhat 7.3 -

paul_pot at nl.sonymusic.com paul_pot at nl.sonymusic.com
Tue Sep 17 16:44:12 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to get a fresh install of nagios 1b6 on  rh 73. machine.

(mysql installed, created the db, installed all tables, set all privileges
according to the document.

When I compile and install nagios using the line below, all work fine, no
problems encountered with the webbrowser.

./configure  --with-command-user=nagioscmd --with-command-group=nagioscmd
--with-template-extinfo --with-template-objects '
--with-ping-command=/bin/ping -U -n %s -c %d' --with-mysql-downtime
--with-mysql-comments --with-mysql-retention --with-mysql-extinfo

However, when I compile with --with-mysql-status added to the configure
options, and do an install, nagios works fine, but the browser complains
with the Whoops message (Error: Could not read host and service status
information!)

I have been crosschecking the privileges in mysql, usernames etc, but I
cannot find the exact cause. When I run nagios with debug5, all the inserts
are happily running over my screen.

What do I miss ? Any clue ?

thanks
regards