many nagios processes start and quit

Daniel Geske daniel.geske at yoc.de
Tue Sep 17 17:42:20 CEST 2002

ATT my previous mail:

I have turned process performance data ON in the web interface again. It
remains to be OFF in the config file. This setting prevents this odd error
from occuring. All nagios processes but the mother one go away when they're
done again.
I would still like to turn off the performance thingy though. I haven't been
on the nagios server since 3 months and now when I checked the disk space I
found some 2 files, both in /nagios/var/ with the ending out. The
"service-perfdata.out" was well over one gig huge. AFAIK the two .out files
are for performance data, so my idea was to simply turn that off.
Doesn't work out that way, huh? Maybe yall have any ideas on that. I'm
puzzled with this nagios sometimes.
Thanks

Daniel