Blocked router in host list

Bas Rijniersce bas at brijn.nu
Tue Sep 17 16:45:05 CEST 2002

Hello,

I started with Nagios yesterday and i'm very impressed and started to map
our corparate WAN/LAN. Some of the WAN links are going over routers that we
don't admin. These are I guess blocked by firewalls. I did a nmap on them
and they don't show any open ports (let see how good their security
monitoring is ;-)

I entered the router in the hosts.cfg with any check commands, also no
services are bound to it. If I understood the document well enough, leaving
out the check_command should give me a host with assumed state always up.
Unfortunately this isn't the case. It still showing as undetermined.

What to try?

Another questions, is there somewhere a good overview of how to implement
all the monitors and tricks with them. In the archives I saw some trick with
check_udp and check_tcp for Citrix monitoring. An overview would be
excellent

The last questions, I only found HTTP docs for nagios, is there also a
PS/PDF version available?

Kind regards,
Bas