Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Daniel Wittenberg daniel-wittenberg at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 10 22:25:38 CEST 2002

Error: Could not read host and service status information!

I was playing with nagios, and all was going well, I decided to move the
directories, so I trashed it all, recompiled everything, and now I
suddenly get this error.  I have checked permissions on the files,
nagios is running, only 2 minor errors about groups that are defined but
not used, and I don't see anything in the log.  The history is working
so it obviously is working in the background.  What exactly does this
error mean?  Is there a file or CGI or socket or something it is trying
to contact and it can't?

Thanks,
Dan