Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Nate nate.lists at tbh.info
Tue Sep 10 22:46:03 CEST 2002

I received this message yesterday when I had started Nagios manually, and then
*thought* I had stopped it manually, and then started it again with the init
script.

I keept getting very random results on the web interface (things dissapearing
at random & the error you mentioned).

All I did was kill every single lingering Nagios process and waited for about
5 minutes, checked for Nagios processes again, and when there were none,
started Nagios with the init script again..

Your issue may be different, but that's what I did in my instance.

Nate D.