external commands

Chris Ditri chrisd at better-investing.org
Fri Sep 6 21:47:45 CEST 2002

NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!

I figured it out..
Sorry!

I wasn't thinking, the doc said: "Make sure the group we created has read and
write permissions on the directory."

Well... that is 100% true... but -- you also need the EXECUTE permission
because it is a directory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DUH!  That is implied, I just
wasn't thinking.

The other thing I did was go into nagios.cfg and changed nagios_group= to
nagios_group=nagiocmd instead of nagios_group=nagios (which was the default).

That's all.

Sorry!  Hopefully it at least will helpsomeone in the future.

Chris