Changing Notification Periods

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Fri Sep 6 16:00:55 CEST 2002

Thanks for the reply.

I thought of both of your suggestions.  Let me try to explain a little
better.  It's more than just scheduling "down time"  we are really talking
about changing the timeperiods.  We don't want people to be required to
"schedule down time" (they will forget and I get paged). Normally, the
systems are backed up/maintained at the same time each week/day but on
occasion they need to change when the backup/maintenance occurs.

For example:

# 'LEXM' timeperiod definition
define timeperiod{
	timeperiod_name	LEXM
	alias		LEXM
	sunday		00:00-04:00, 06:00-24:00
	monday		00:00-24:00
	tuesday		00:00-24:00
	wednesday	00:00-24:00
	thursday	00:00-24:00
	friday		00:00-24:00
	saturday	00:00-24:00
	}

look at Sunday's entry.  From 4 to 6 am,  outages will not be reported.
Let's say that they need to change that to 3 to 5.  Is there an easy way to
do it without editing the cfg file.

Dan