Changing Notification Periods

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Sep 6 05:17:24 CEST 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Rusch, Daniel wrote:

> All,
>
> How do you handle hosts that the weekly scheduled downtime keeps changing.
> For example, I have a system call it Homer that normal goes down for
> database backup etc. On Sunday morning at 3 am to 4 am.  But about twice a
> month or so they want to change the time to something else (say 4 am to 5
> am).  How do you handle this.  I currently as a admin go in and hand edit
> the cfg file. It's no big deal for one server but do it for 50, agh...  Is
> the a way to allow a "special trusted user" to change this time through the
> nagios interface?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

why edit the cfg?

Anyone who is a contact for the host/service should be able to schedule a
downtime.  Alternatively a script to submit an external command the
submits the following:

SCHEDULE_SVC_DOWNTIME;host;service_name;start epoch;end epoch;fixed=1
otherwise=0;duration (sec);contact name;comment

SCHEDULE_HOST_DOWNTIME;host;service_name;start epoch;end epoch;fixed=1
otherwise=0;duration (sec);contact name;comment

--

-sg