Time based WARN/CRIT values

Jeremy Tinley jtinley at unirez.com
Fri Sep 6 00:09:11 CEST 2002

Is there a way to change parameters based on time of day without
hardcoding it into the script.

I have a process that's allowed to get a little more out-of-control at
night.  I don't want the pager going off with the same thresholds that
it does during the day, while I'm at work.

Currently, I have 2 service checks, process and process-night.
Process-night has higher critical and warning values.  It's also
configured to check and notify during nonworkhours.  Same is true for
the process service check.

Did I pretty much hit the workaround, or is there something more obvious
I'm missing?