Large Numbers of Hosts (Re: Apan Configurations)

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Oct 29 19:00:16 CET 2002

Configurations)

>     - The template configuration files are difficult to use (at least
> for me! :) over a certain number of hosts, due to the limitations of
the
> config parser - every entry has to be one logical line. We have so
many
> different host groups (we're pretty large, and have lots of devolved
> administration) that the "logical line" takes up probably four
physical
> lines. Anyone have any strategies for overcoming this?

I too would like to see multiple 'members' directives per hostgroup. I
currently have hostgroups with nearly 600 members. That's approximately
22,800 characters per members statement. This is, of course, uneditable
for the most part. I rely exclusively on customized provisioning scripts
to generate these config files.

--
Marc