3 Issues

Erik N. Mullinix e!mullin at Confi-chek.com
Fri Oct 25 04:43:31 CEST 2002

Hey James.
I don't think I can answer all of these but I have run into the first
and partially second issue.
You must check and make sure the Nagios user has authority to use your
Mail service. (Sendmail, etc).
Check your settings for Apache again.  Also make sure if your using 2.0
that you have the latest patch for Apache (security fix).

ENM

-----Original Message-----
From: James Clark [mailto:jclark at polexis.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 5:16 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: rmy at polexis.com
Subject: [Nagios-users] 3 Issues

Nagios,
I am having three issues. First let me try to best clearly ask these in
hopes of a clear response.

1. My notifications are not being sent out. I have forced a hosts
service down for example http and I do not receive any alerts via email.
I believe my contact file is correctly setup and defined.In
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg I have enable_notifications=1. What is
the problem and why am I not being sent alerts for down services?

2. In /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg I have set use_authentication=1 but
when I login as a user I can not view the pages due to a permission
error. This is not an apache issue but rather an issue to access the cgi
files with my username. I have the .htaccess file in my share and sbin
folder so I am not sure what the problem is. Also when I login and
provide my username and password the "Logged in as ?" is displayed in
nagios.

3. When I enable default_user_name=guest in cgi.cfg I am not able to add
a comment due to the /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cwd file being set
and reset to unwriteable permissions. When I chmod the file to 0777 it
allows me to post a comment as guest or my user but then nagios changes
the permissions back on this file. What should this be set to?

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your
time.

--
James Clark
Junior Systems Administrator