'Host assumed to be up' problem

Atle Veka atlev at mail.flyingcroc.net
Thu Oct 24 02:29:53 CEST 2002

The nature of Nagios is that host checks aren't executed unless necessary
(when a service fails HARD). So, when the log gets rotated it would have
to parse the log for when a host check was done last. If all services are
up and running it can safely assume the host to be up :)

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator