'Host assumed to be up' problem

Pascal Wessel pascal.wessel at media-online.ch
Thu Oct 24 14:03:23 CEST 2002

I guess it 's because the SERVICE you are checking on this host is up,
then if the SERVICE is up, nagios assume the HOST is up.

Remember, nagios check services first. If the service check fails, then
nagios will check if the host is up.

Thus, if all is fine, (all services are up), the host is so called:
"assumed to be up".

P.S. On October the 17th, Dean Bishop posted a very clever flow chart
showing the nagios process. Get it, it's a must have. (btw, thanks a lot
Dean).

Best regards,

Pascal