Fw: fork() problem?

Mike Culbertson mike at omnipod.com
Mon Oct 21 22:40:52 CEST 2002

Update on this.  I was little hasty in saying that setting the max_concurrent_checks restrained the forking.  I see now that, even when the var is set at 10, I now have 29 nagios procs running (my initial assumption that this var controlled forking is incorrect, sorry):

[root at machine nagios]# ps -ef | grep nagios | wc -l
     29
[root at machine nagios]#

Also to clarify, I have taken into account the system being busy (it is).  But after a weekend of unattended running, there were 1968 nagios procs waiting for me this morning, which I am assuming probably isn't normal :)  Thanks again.

Mike C