How do I define Parent- and Childhosts?

Van Der Westhuizen Brian VanDerWesthuizenB at aforbes.co.za
Wed Oct 16 10:08:51 CEST 2002

from the hosts.cfg file

 'mcsprtsrv' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               mcsprtsrv
        alias                   Solaris Server #1
        address                 172.17.15.201
        parents                 router-gray
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

 'router-gray' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               router-gray
        alias                   Router Gray
        address                 172.17.0.1
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      20
        notification_interval   60
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r