How do I define Parent- and Childhosts?

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Oct 16 16:56:42 CEST 2002

On a related note, I've successfully implemented the 'parents' directive.
But I'm curious about something.

Does anyone know why it's 'parents' (plural) and not 'parent'?  The plural
implies support for more than one parent, but that would imply more than one
path back to the Nagios server.  That said, if there's more than one path,
that would mean that both paths (in the case that there are 2 parents) would
have to fail before the hosts which depend on those parents are considered
blocked.  Wild speculation on my part.

Would anyone care to comment on this?  Ethan, if you're not swamped, would
you care to add your $0.02?  :)

jc