Monitoring Compaq and Arcserve

Volker.Aust at premiere.de Volker.Aust at premiere.de
Mon Oct 14 12:05:21 CEST 2002

Hi Dirk,

I have wrote four plugins that read values from Compaq Insight Management
Agents:

- check_snmp_cpq_cpu reads the 5 (or 1, 30, 60) minute utilization average
of all processors

- check_snmp_cpq_fs reads the utilization of all filesystems

- check_snmp_cpq_therm reads the thermal status

- check_snmp_cpq_mem reads the memory utilization

With the exception of check_snmp_cpq_mem (this seems to work only with NT
and W2K CIM Agents) the plugins seems to work with NT/W2K, Netware and SCO
CIM Agents. I have no chance to test the plugins against Linux or other OSes
with CIM Agents (and my one-and-only SCO Agent is really old).

They are almost BETA. I don't have published these plugins up to now because
it seems that they induce an memory leak to Nagios (the Nagios process gets
bigger and bigger and 'forgets' to execute active service checks (very
strange)) when you compile Nagios with embedded perl.

If you want to be a BETA-tester for the plugins (and have not compiled
Nagios with embedded perl!) I can send to you the perl scripts (of course
this offer applies to all Nagios users which wants to manage Compaq servers
and wants to be BETA-tester)(Subhendu: or should I send the plugins to you
and you include the scripts in the contrib?).

What do you want to manage concerning Arcserve? AFAIK there is an example
how you integrate snmptraps from Arcserve into Nagios with a passive check
in the docs.

-vol