Ntray errors?-Fixed

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 12 01:37:45 CEST 2002

Cool, I moved all the files to c:\ntray and all is working.. :)
 "Robert M. Wagner" <rob at robandsara.com> wrote:On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 16:47, Sean Knox wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using two instances of Ntray to monitor two different Nagios
> installations on Windows 2000 Pro. Ntray doesn't report status
> ("Extended Status unavailable etc") but the icons tell me if there is a
> problem (green=good, red=problem, exclamations point = unknown, etc). So
> for me, it has some things to be desired, but it is working.

Yeah. The 'extended status' is waiting on some features to be added to
Nagios itself. Right now, I'm doing a simple routine to parse the html
generated by the 'status summary' page from Nagios. Ethan (Nagios guy)
has promised me an XML interface to pull data from. At that point, I'll
be able to tell the difference between scheduled outages and display
information in the popup on what the outage actually is.

> I currently have the two instances of ntray in my startup folder-
> however, sometimes only one starts up and I have to manually start the
> other. That's the only weirdness I've seen.

Honestly, I haven't tried that. I know I've got a couple of strange
bugs floating around (like icons not showing up if it's not installed in
C:\ntray), but I've been occupied a little bit lately (new baby born
last week!).. I plan on a little bugfix release, but I'm pretty much
planning a complete re-write once the XML interface is put into Nagios.

I'll poke around a little to see if I can manage something with
multiple instances of NTray. There may actually be some issues with
Icons treading on each other, but I'm not sure about that. (just a
guess)

Rob

> Sean
>
> Jon Lyons wrote:
>
> > Bummer, I'd really like to deploy it to the hlpedesk folks.. :(
> >
> > */"Bishop, Dean" /* wrote:
> >
> > i have tried it on a 2000 pro workstation and had similar results.

faith.yahoo.com