Service Dependency Question

Andy andy at droidmcse.com
Thu Oct 3 03:19:09 CEST 2002

What I ended up having to do, similar situation.  NT checks using the NS
Client - about 120 NT Servers with anywhere from 5-15 checks on each
box.  Obviously, if the Netsaint Client dies, all of the checks go down
the tubes.

I wrote a php script that looks for the commands that start with
check_nt and then parses the host_names or the hostgroup_names and then
writes out to a file that has all of the dependencies in it.

I can send you the script if you'd like.  However, I'm no programmer. I
only write things for the specific situation.  But it's pretty simple.

Andy