1000+ processes then Nagios fails

Christian Vanguers wangee at linuxbe.org
Thu Nov 28 22:45:12 CET 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 07:15:35PM +0100, Rasmus Plewe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:52:19PM +0100, Christian Vanguers wrote:
> >
> > How did you set "inter_check_delay_method" ?
> > n,d,s or a value ?
>
> good entry point for a question:
> What do I do if I want my checks spread out as evenly as possible, but
> for some reason[1] I'd like to execute _all_ checks for certain a
> couple of hosts at the same time?

Hmm, very good question.

What you are asking is not so common :-)
I think you should use passive checks from your monitoring server,
and dedicate a distributed server on a system that will only be used
for this particular need. (i mean the use of nsca).

In that case, the distributed server will run nagios, you will
parallellize all checks, and set inter_check_delay_method to 'd' or
the intervall of your choice.

I already set up distributed monitoring, but never in a case like this.
So this is only an idea, i'm not sure it will make your wish come true
:)

Hope it *will* help

Chris

--