1000+ processes then Nagios fails

Rasmus Plewe rplewe at ess.nec.de
Thu Nov 28 19:15:35 CET 2002

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:52:19PM +0100, Christian Vanguers wrote:

> How did you set "inter_check_delay_method" ?
> n,d,s or a value ?

good entry point for a question:
What do I do if I want my checks spread out as evenly as possible, but
for some reason[1] I'd like to execute _all_ checks for certain a
couple of hosts at the same time?

Regards,
         Rasmus

[1] For those who must know: Computers with 8 CPUs, up till four of
    those computers as SSI and providing up till 32 CPUs for parallel
    jobs. So a very tiny disturbance of one of the nodes means that
    the whole compute job with 32 CPUs stalls, since one CPU on one
    node has to perform a tiny check (with a 2 sec time slice). Nice
    DOS possibilities if there's a different check on a different node
    every second second or so...