Hosts with no services

listuser at neo.pittstate.edu listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Sun Nov 24 18:08:29 CET 2002

Unfortunately many of the devices I'm monitoring have no service to
monitor or, like in th case of our network HW, it would take more
resources to probe their telnet port than it would to ping them.  I went
back and added pings to all my hosts and all seems to be well.  For one
thing a number of newly added switches started working as soon as I did
that.  They had been pending since I first added them to Nagios earlier
this week.  I was going to ask the list about them but adding the ping
service checks seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the info
Justin