Hosts with no services

listuser at neo.pittstate.edu listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Fri Nov 22 20:46:53 CET 2002

Is it wrong to create a host without creating services for it?  Originally
when I defined my network HW and some oddball servers I also created a
ping service.  I didn't really think about it at the time but that was
redundant as the host check was also a ping.  However it did allow me to
see all hosts even if they were their own service under Service Detail.
that also prevented the numerous warnings Nagios logs about hosts with
no services when I restart it.  Is it incorrect to do it that way?

Justin