Problem with gd running configure

Daniel Siegers Daniel.Siegers at bauerverlag.de
Fri Nov 22 17:51:36 CET 2002

Hi there,

i have problems with gd running configure. I installed libgd, libgd-devel, libpng, libpng-devel ,libjpeg ,libjpeg-devel ,zlib and zlib-devel. After that i tried to install gd-2.0.7.

Here comes up my first question. Do i need freetype and and xpm ? configure work fine without it. I had to tell gd configure where to find png libs. path is in ld.so.conf and in env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

After that i tried to run nagios configure. Nothing worked. Even with --with-gd... options.

Is there a step by step FAQ on compiling these stuff ?

By the way. I m running on Suse Linux 8.0. Does anyone have some experience on Suse Linux ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Daniel Siegers
Systemadministrator

Heinrich Bauer Dienstleistungs KG