strategic question: MySQL vs. no MySQL vs. RRDTool

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Nov 21 16:28:48 CET 2002

Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious, but... what's the advantage from moving
from a 'default' install to having Nagios to MySQL?  What's getting stored
there?  The results of the checks?  If so, what's the advantage of having
detailed results from 16 months ago?

I'm asking this because I'm familiar with the design and intent of RRDTool.

I'd appreciate some discussion on this topic, especially comparing the
intent of using MySQL vs. using something like RRDTool.

jc