Sending HTTP request to notify Nagios of the problem

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Nov 20 05:44:42 CET 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Giedrius Astrauskas net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using my application to monitor Windows machine,and I need to notify
> Nagios about the results of my application.
> I read through documentation. I understand that what I need is a plugin that
> sends a text message describing status and code.
> Where could I find more specific information on building plugins for Windows
> machine, specificaly - how plugin should interface with Nagios.
>
> Thank you
>

> Giedrius

The nagios plugins need to run on the host running the nagios daemon.

Currently there is no simple extensible plugin daemon like NRPE for
Windows.  So you need 2 programs: 1 on the Windows machine to monitor the
application, and 1 on the nagios server to query your program on the
windows machine.

If your subject is implying the need to check an application using HTTP,
check_http should give you all the facilities you need.

--

-sg