schedule downtime

Marko Riedel mriedel at neuearbeit.de
Tue Nov 19 17:55:36 CET 2002

Pascal Miquet writes:
 > [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
 > Into the service.cfg file you declare the services you need, and there
 > you attach a check_period to this service.
 > Note that the time period will defined into the etc/timeperiod.cfg of
 > course.

Hello there,

I tried this already. I have

define service{
	use				nsca-service
	service_description		SOMENAME
	host_name			somehost
	check_period			workhours
	notification_period		workhours
	freshness_threshold		1200
}

(this is a passive check) but for some reason NAGIOS traces the
service as CRITICAL during non-workhours and the trends CGI shows
non-workhours marked as RED (CRITICAL).

I think I really do need to schedule downtime using the downtime
feature instead of merely setting the check- and notification
periods. How to do this?

Best regards,