Nagios vs OpenNMS

Garry Cook GWCook at mactec.com
Tue Nov 19 17:37:16 CET 2002

I would believe that he is speaking of OpenNMS. This description seems to mirror the experience that I had after installing the product on a test server. Granted, this was before the v.1.0 release a few months ago, although I doubt that much has been done since to free up resources. The only thing that I might disagree with is the 'nearly worthless' tag. If you're in possession of a box big and beefy enough to run OpenNMS, I think it would serve as a useful tool.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 303.881.5157 (Mobile)