Nagios vs OpenNMS

Arjan de Graaff arjan at pwc-mas.nl
Tue Nov 19 17:35:28 CET 2002

The biggest advantage of Nagios over Openview is

1: The price (Nagios is free)
2: Implementation time (openview has an impl. time of 1 year+ an Nagios 3
monts+) (Depending on the number of hosts)

However it depends on how many hosts you want to monitor, Openview (or
Tivoly) is more suitable for Large networks (10.000 or more host). It also
depends on wat you want to monitor, if you for example want make your own
SAP plugins... this is not possible with Vanatagepoint or Tivoly.

But the 2 points (point 1 mostly) where the once we made the desision on.

(Our network has 89 hosts and 651 services to check)

Arjan