text pagers

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Wed Nov 13 21:02:20 CET 2002

Sendpage rocks. Qpage is good, but sendpage is better.

Sendpage piggybacks messages to paging centrals, meaning I can page 15
techs with one phone call, and all their pagers go off at the same
time... Qpage used to make one call each, and it'd take one minute per
tech to get a page out.

Sendpage also integrated nicely with sendmail for email paging.

I use Rampage on OpenVMS, and export the database through a perl
filter to keep my sendpage pager list up to date. Its slick!

Russell