Monitoring two hdd's

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Nov 13 18:29:18 CET 2002

Easy.  Create another command.

Here's how we're doing it.  The snippet from checkcommands.cfg (note the
linewrap):

define command{
        command_name    check_nt_disk
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 \
        -v USEDDISKSPACE -s $ARG1$ -l $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$
        }

And the checks for the C and D drives in services.cfg:

define service{
        host_name                       itdmlw04
        use                             icmp
        service_description             Space on C
        contact_groups                  windows-admins
        check_command                   check_nt_disk!XXXXX!C!80!90
        }

define service{
        host_name                       itdmlw04
        use                             icmp
        service_description             Space on D
        contact_groups                  windows-admins
        check_command                   check_nt_disk!XXXXX!D!80!90
        }

(Password to access NSClient is obscured by 'XXXXX'.)

Does this help?  (Yes, I'm using the template-based object file
configuration.  You should, too.)

jc