Checks not executing and external command interface delay

Jonathan Rozes jrozes at vinton.com
Wed Nov 13 18:36:48 CET 2002

Hi,

Two issues...

What would cause Nagios to never execute checks for certain services? I have
about 44 service checks in the queue that are not getting executed. If I
watch the scheduling queue, as soon as their scheduled time arrives, they
get rescheduled at the back of the queue again without being checked. The
checks run fine manually. The checks are from various services, but for each
service, there are at least some hosts that are getting checked, so it's not
specific to an entire service. If I force the check, it works and the
service gets checked regularly from then on. The load on the Nagios is host
is very low as well. I have inter_check_delay_method and
service_interleave_factor set to 's' and max_concurrent_checks to 0. Any
ideas?

Whenever I start Nagios, my first attempt to reschedule a service, enter a
comment, or otherwise use the external command interface takes about 60
seconds or so before Nagios reads the command and responds. Subsequent
command submissions occur immediately until I restart again. I have
command_check_interval set to -1. Anybody else experiencing that?

I'm running Nagios 1.0b6 under OpenBSD 3.2-stable, but I had the same
problems under 3.1.

Thanks,
jonathan

+++ Jonathan Rozes, Manager, Information Technology, Will Vinton Studios