monitoring specific individual queues - CRICKET SUGGESTION

Sean Knox sean.knox at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 12 23:46:27 CET 2002

It depends exactly what you're looking for...cricket is as good as the
others, and is very straightforward. There are a variety of log parsers
and cricket addons that might help extend your graphing capabilities
(http://www.certaintysolutions.com/tech-advice/cricket-contrib/).
Another option is modifying/adding a MIB to the SNMP agent(s) on your
monitored boxes, adding information about specific protocols or programs
running on that box. You could then graph based on those new results.

APAN is extremely useful because it allows you to create graphs based
directly from Nagios output, without the need for a third-party rrdtool
app, such as cricket, or third-party monitoring agent, such as SNMP.
APAN has a ways to go before it will displace cricket, but it's getting
there.

Sean