Prob: DELAY_SVC_NOTIFICATION not delaying notifications

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Sun Nov 10 20:18:14 CET 2002

Nagios 1.0b5

[sorry for the double listing, haven't figured out where to post bugs like this]

I am trying to "Delay next service notification" throught he CGI interface and
through an external submissing via the nagios.cmd named pipe.  The logs are
showing that indeed the command is coming in, yet I just keep getting notified.

Anyone else seeing this?  I am going to try 1.0b6, but the change logs don't
indicate a fix for this.

I have tried this on a service with a "1" interval, and figured maybe it was
due to that being too small, so I tried with a "2" interval.  The intervals
were set for checks as well as notifications.  My interval is the default 60
seconds.  My state did not change during the delay period, I left the service
in a PROBLEM state for about 2-3 intervals before trying to delay.  This is
100% reproducable.  DISABLE works great! :)

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

Thanks,

--
-bk