monitoring specific individual queues - CRICKE T SUGGESTION

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Nov 12 23:15:07 CET 2002

I would have thought that you'd dovetail cricket into the plugins, calling
them with args and defining what parameters you expect in return.  Or, write
a quick script as a wrapper around each plugin you want to use, and massage
the data that way.  Problem with this approach, is that you end up calling a
given plugin for Nagios, and again for cricket.

I would have liked to be able to tell cricket to munge the actual results
that Nagios uses, but wasn't sure how to go about doing that.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I suppose a Perl script using seek/tell
would let me munge the results of either nagios.log or status.log, although
I'm not entirely sure which one to use.

jc