Disk Checking over snmp

Jake Colman colman at ppllc.com
Wed Nov 6 18:44:26 CET 2002

    MM> Hi Gerald, Since you didn't provide the args you use with snmpwalk,
    MM> I'm going to have to use my psychic abilities.

    MM> If you just do "snmpwalk <args> <host>", you'll only get the MIB-2
    MM> values, like system, interfaces, etc.  You won't see any of the
    MM> enterprise mib, which is where the UCD stuff lies.  You need to give
    MM> it something like this:

    MM> snmpwalk <args> <host> 1.3.6.1.4

    MM> That will walk the enterprises tree.

Will all systems have an enterprise tree?  I have snmpd running on my RH 7.2
server and "snmpwalk localhost public" dumps all sorts of stuff.  But
"snmpwalk localhost public 1.3.6.1.4" dumps nothing.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman at ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com