Disk Checking over snmp

Al Tobey albert.tobey at priority-health.com
Wed Nov 6 17:46:26 CET 2002

If you have perl, you can use the plugin in nagios-plugins contrib
directory to check disks over SNMP.  I wrote that plugin and I'm using
it here on all of my unix hosts.  It'll even work on Win2K and Novell
(with SNMP enabled).

It may also provide you with some ideas for what you'll need to write
your own - I don't use the snmpd.conf disk threshholds because I prefer
to centrally manage those threshholds on my nagios server.

-Al Tobey
On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 10:09, Gerald wrote:
> Ok I'm trying to setup disk checking over snmp. I'm still pretty green to
> snmp even after reading quite a bit of documentation. Using
> ucd-snmp-4.2.5_2 installed from ports and I can snmpwalk it from the
> machine I'm wanting to check disks on as well as from
> nets^H^H^H^Hnagios server.
>
> I made some entries on my snmpd.conf on remote machine along the lines of:
>
> disk / 0 10%
> disk /usr 0 10%
> disk /var 0 10%
>
> snmpwalk...|grep -i disk is giving me nothing. I'm a little confused about
> where to go once snmpwalk is working and bridging that gap to disk
> monitoring with nagios/check_snmp.
>
> Nagios server: FreeBSD 4.6.2
> Beta Remote machine: FreeBSD 4.7
>
> Thanks for help in advance.
>
> SNMP. Simple my ***.
>
> Gerald
>
> Attention Customers:
>   Refer-A-Friend and receive one month of service for free!
>   For further details, please visit: http://inch.com/refer-a-friend/
>   or, call the Internet Channel billing department at (212) 243-5200.

to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this
email in error please notify the Priority Health Information
Services Department at (616) 942-0954.