Disk Checking over snmp

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Wed Nov 6 16:44:20 CET 2002

> Since you didn't provide the args you use with snmpwalk, I'm going to have to use my
> psychic abilities.

snmpwalk localhost Community1

Due to my ignorance with snmp I have both:
defcommunity Community1
defsecurityname Community2
in my snmpd.conf.

> If you just do "snmpwalk <args> <host>", you'll only get the MIB-2 values, like
> system, interfaces, etc.  You won't see any of the enterprise mib, which is where
> the UCD stuff lies.  You need to give it something like this:
>
> snmpwalk <args> <host> 1.3.6.1.4

snmpwalk localhost Community1 1.3.6.1.4 # returns nothing
snmpwalk localhost Community2 1.3.6.1.4 # same no output.

> That will walk the enterprises tree.

This mean SNMP doesn't see my enterprise tree? Is it accidentally stored
with the Christmas tree? :-)

Thanks for help,

Gerald