Disk Checking over snmp

Mike McClure mmcclure at pneservices.com
Wed Nov 6 16:41:34 CET 2002

Hi Gerald,

Since you didn't provide the args you use with snmpwalk, I'm going to have to use my
psychic abilities.

If you just do "snmpwalk <args> <host>", you'll only get the MIB-2 values, like
system, interfaces, etc.  You won't see any of the enterprise mib, which is where
the UCD stuff lies.  You need to give it something like this:

snmpwalk <args> <host> 1.3.6.1.4

That will walk the enterprises tree.

- Mike

> Ok I'm trying to setup disk checking over snmp. I'm still pretty green to
> snmp even after reading quite a bit of documentation. Using
> ucd-snmp-4.2.5_2 installed from ports and I can snmpwalk it from the
> machine I'm wanting to check disks on as well as from
> nets^H^H^H^Hnagios server.
>
> I made some entries on my snmpd.conf on remote machine along the lines of:
>
> disk / 0 10%
> disk /usr 0 10%
> disk /var 0 10%
>
> snmpwalk...|grep -i disk is giving me nothing. I'm a little confused about
> where to go once snmpwalk is working and bridging that gap to disk
> monitoring with nagios/check_snmp.
>
> Nagios server: FreeBSD 4.6.2
> Beta Remote machine: FreeBSD 4.7
>
> Thanks for help in advance.
>
> SNMP. Simple my ***.
>
> Gerald
>
> Attention Customers:
>   Refer-A-Friend and receive one month of service for free!
>   For further details, please visit: http://inch.com/refer-a-friend/
>   or, call the Internet Channel billing department at (212) 243-5200.

Mike McClure, CCIE # 5125, CISSP # 30232
PNE Services, Inc. -  http://www.pneservices.com
mmcclure at pneservices.com
mobile: 913-636-5590