Disk Checking over snmp

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Wed Nov 6 16:09:25 CET 2002

Ok I'm trying to setup disk checking over snmp. I'm still pretty green to
snmp even after reading quite a bit of documentation. Using
ucd-snmp-4.2.5_2 installed from ports and I can snmpwalk it from the
machine I'm wanting to check disks on as well as from
nets^H^H^H^Hnagios server.

I made some entries on my snmpd.conf on remote machine along the lines of:

disk / 0 10%
disk /usr 0 10%
disk /var 0 10%

snmpwalk...|grep -i disk is giving me nothing. I'm a little confused about
where to go once snmpwalk is working and bridging that gap to disk
monitoring with nagios/check_snmp.

Nagios server: FreeBSD 4.6.2
Beta Remote machine: FreeBSD 4.7

Thanks for help in advance.

SNMP. Simple my ***.

Gerald

Attention Customers:
  Refer-A-Friend and receive one month of service for free!
  For further details, please visit: http://inch.com/refer-a-friend/
  or, call the Internet Channel billing department at (212) 243-5200.