Warning: Monitoring process may not be running

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Dec 20 20:50:56 CET 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 09:26:35AM -0500, Patrick Amirian wrote:
> I'm having this warning message in my nagios and I don't know how to fix
> it.
>
> Warning: Monitoring process may not be running!

Hey folks,

	I'm having the exact same problem as Patrick on one of my
OpenBSD boxes...  Running it from the command line as the nagios
user works fine.

	I did some grepping in the source, but I can't seem to
find where the exact 'ps' command is.  I'd like to take a look
at the flags it's using, so I can further track this down.  Can
someone tell me what flags it's passing to 'ps'?

Thanks!

Benny