check_by_ssh

Timothy Moore twmoore at bea.com
Fri Dec 20 15:59:30 CET 2002

I am using check_by_ssh to check services on monitored hosts.  I have
load, users, procs, disk space, etc. turned up for 5 or 6 systems.

The problem:  It consistently fails "Every other time".  When I run an
availability report it is beautifully striped!
 One system returns "Unknown" status every other time, even though the
message output states OK on all 5 service checks.  Another system
returns "Critical" every other time, with a plugin timeout after 30 sec.
for the disk space check.  A duplicate system works fine?  Running from
the command line works every time.
(Note: nrpe   "monitor-agent" models won't work for me)
TWM