default config converted to template config

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Thu Dec 12 18:50:48 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 07:55, Michael Jewett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently in the process of upgrading from Netsaint 0.0.6 (I know I'm a
> little behind the times, but why change something that works!) to Nagios
> 1.0, because I would like some of the features of Nagios.  But I have the
> old single line entries in my config files.  I would like to convert to the
> template based config, so I can use all the added features of this.
>
> Is there a tool to do the conversion?  Otherwise starting from scratch might
> not be a bad idea, so I can make good use of the inheritance features.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Just finished doing this; there is a tool in the source distribution,
contrib directory, can't remember the name right now but something like
cvtconfig or convertcfg. It is not made by the makefile, so you'll need
to compile it. The usage is ./[program] /your/old/hosts.cfg
/the/new/file/you/want/to/spit/out/e.g./services.cfg/or/contactgroups.cfg.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...