Packet Monitoring

Wilcox, Chris wilcoxc at troycorp.com
Fri Aug 30 20:51:35 CEST 2002

I don't know where the traffic is originating from, except that it's on my
network, not on the internet.

So I can't pin down an actual internal IP address. I'll just have to log
them all and hope it shows up.

I'm thinking on using tcpdump. I have MRTG running as well. I would like to
setup a max threshold in Nagios, when that threshold is reached, then it
kicks off a script file which runs tcpdump for ten minutes and stops.

Ethan got me heading in the right direction here. Hope it works.

Should I use check_mrtgtraf or check_mrtg?  I'll try to investigate that as
well.  Someone already have the arg's done out there?

Chris.